These low FODMAP chicken skewers are very easy to make and so full of flavour. They’re great on the barbecue but if it’s not barbecue weather then try them grilled.
Spiced Barbecue Chicken Skewers
Author: Louisa Reid
Recipe type: Low FODMAP
An easy, tasty barbecue chicken skewer recipe. Great served with Yoghurt and Cucumber Dip (see side dishes) and gluten free pita bread.
- Juice and grated rind of ½ a lemon
- 1 tablespoon garlic flavoured olive oil
- 1 heaped teaspoon grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- A pinch of turmeric
- 2 chicken breasts cut into small chunks
- Salt and pepper to season
- Place all the ingredients into a medium bowl and mix well until the chicken is thoroughly coated in the marinade.
- If you have time, put the chicken in the fridge for at least an hour to allow the flavours infuse into the meat.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers then place them on the barbecue, turning regularly until they are cooked through.
- Note: to grill the chicken skewers instead of barbecuing just heat the grill to it's highest setting and place the skewers onto a baking tray. Turning them regularly under the grill until they are cooked through.